Tuesday, August 07, 2007

You shoulda seen the one that got away!

The scene in the Schlitz ad below is remarkably similar to my own experience at my fishing tournament this past weekend. Well, except that there were only guys at the tournament. And we were fishing for bass, not pike. And my winning fish was nowhere near this big.

But hey - we did have quite a few beers! Except none of them were Schlitz. Come to think of it, the scene in the ad below is nothing like my experience at the fishing tournament this past weekend.


Now this scene below... this is more like my experience at the fishing tournament this past weekend.

Yup... it was, unfortunately, a bad year for catching lunkers. I'm embarrased to admit my winner was only 11" long. In past years at the same location we have brought in nice hauls of small-mouths in the fifteen to eighteen inch range. I don't know what was up this year, but the big bass were just not there.

Still, we all had a great time enjoying the good-fellowship of sharing meals, stories and many laughs with friends not seen since last year -- of course the thrill of the hunt for that elusive prize-winning bass...

...and a lot of beer.

Both these illustrations have been added to my Fishing Flickr set.

No comments:

Post a Comment