Friday, January 27, 2006

One thing leads to another...


...and by clicking on a small link on the right side of the site I told you about yesterday I was instantly transported to this site, where I found a mind-boggling number of old magazine cover scans. Scroll about half-way down the page for the links to each gallery.

Really, its almost too much!

But the weekend is coming so you may have the time to enjoy an almost endless stream of illustrations from the covers of Ladies Home Journal, Collier's, Cosmo, Good Housekeeping - the list goes on and on.

Try not to hurt yourself.

Next week: A look at some cool old record jacket illustrations.

5 comments:

  1. Leif, I don't know how they ever got that Collier's cover through the U.S. mails in 1948. I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't from a medical textbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit doing a double take myself David, as no doubt many a vintage '48 mailman did, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that bottom one is hot.

    MmmmmMMM.

    =s=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leif I have been watching your pages for a while now I find your pictures just great. Keep up the good work, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much, madamelb - I appreciate hearing that! :-)

    ReplyDelete